Saturday, February 9, 2013

Starting the Morning Right!

Hurray!! It's Saturday! And with Saturday comes a fancy breakfast complemented by a fresh brewed cup of coffee. This morning I decided to make my favorite blueberry pancakes with a chocolatey twist. 

If you follow me on Instagram, @vintagegrl4ever, you know I promised to share my recipe so here is it!

Chocolate Blueberry Gluten Free Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour but any all purpose flour will work)
1/2 tsp salt 
3 tsp baking powder
12 oz frozen blueberries, thawed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Cooking Spray

Directions:

Mix the beaten egg, milk, melted butter, and sugar together, whipping them into a froth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the liquid and mix until slightly lumpy. Don't over mix or the pancake will fall flat. Add the blueberries and the chocolate chips. Tip: Don't drain the blueberries as this extra juice adds more flavor and a slightly thinner batter which cooks better.

 

Heat a skillet on low to medium heat. I use 3 on my stove. Once hot, spray with the cooking spray and poor on the batter. Depending on the size you want, 1/2 cup to a 1/4 cup of batter will work. Cook until bubbles start forming in the middle. Wait for the largest bubble to burst and for the edge to start to look cooked. Flip it over and cook on that side for a minute or two then check to see if it's slightly browned. Once it's finished, move to your plate and enjoy your pancakes topped with butter and heated syrup.

Makes 4-6

Here's what mine looked like this morning!






Good luck! Let me know if you try this!

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment